Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ode to Emily - Happy Birthday

So, I'm totally going to copy Emily on this one, but I thought it was so nice. So, here we go..... Emily is turning 30 tomorrow and here are 30 reasons why I love Emily:
1. She was always a nice big sister growing up.
2. Even though all my friends liked her better than me, she always hung out with me with or without them.
3. She is so pretty, I always compared myself to her and wished I looked like her.
4. She is such a fun aunt to Isabel.
5. I love that she is super dramatic. It's always a good laugh when Emily is around.
6. She loves to sing when anyone will play the piano for her. I love to do this with her.
7. She has an amazing singing voice. There again, I was always wishing I could sing like her.
8. She is such a cute mom. I think her kids are so cute because she is so cute.
9. She was brave enough to not follow the family trend and not go on a mission. I was such a leming (just kidding).
10. She is so dang creative. She makes the most amazing gift cards.
11. She is a really good cook. Everytime I eat with her, it's always yummy.
12. She is adventurous. She is always up for a good adventure.
13. Speaking of that, she climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro. I wish that I had done it with her. It is a regret of mine. I really admire her for doing it.
14. She is such a faithful member of the church. She goes to the temple regularly and everything!
15. She gives the best advice - everything from babies to clothes.
16. Speaking of clothes, she is so fashionable. I sometims try to mimic her outfits.
17. She is so much fun to hang out with, even if it's just sitting on the couch together.
18. She decorates her house so nice. I am always amazed with how good everything in her house looks. I suck at decorating.
19. She can't tell a joke. Eh Piere!? Okay, so she's getting better, but lets not push it.
20. She taught me how to wear make-up (in college).
21. She informed me that shaving your legs requires soap and water. Dry shaving is never a good idea, even if you've done it for about a year.
22. She did my make-up for me on my wedding day and didn't make me look like a hooker (I was worried, I don't wear much make-up).
23. She finds the best deals while shopping. She can sniff out a sale. She's a savy shopper.
24. She is a fellow blogger. Even though I see her often, I love seeing pictures of her and the kids regularly.
25. She always loves me. She has always supported me and loved me no matter how dumb of a decision I've made.
26. She can make anyone smile. She lights up a room when entering it. Everyone loves to be around Emily.
27. She taught me how to do my hair. I still struggle with this one. I wish my hair was as pretty as hers.
28. She was a great example to me growing up. My teachers would always compare me to her, but it only motivated me to be better (like her).
29. She married a great guy. I love being around them. They are a fun couple to hang out with. Scott is such a nice guy.
30. I don't think I could live without her. I've been all around the world with her. She knows me better than anyone else. When she lived in Seattle I called her all the time. I missed her so much.
P.S. If Ryan and I die, I want Emily to raise Isabel. That's how much I love Emily.
I love you Emily - Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

So, so nice!!! Happy Birthday EM!! You are right she is an amazing person. You two are so lucky to have eachother!

marian said...

So, I can't choose just one favorite thing about Em, after all, I named my daughter after her, but I must add to your list. . . she does GREAT hair choreography. Think Money, money, money and Poor Wandring One.

emily, etc, etc said...

Nay, I think I am going to cry - that was really nice. I think you and I ought to start a Mutual Admiration Society. Ha ha. Seriously, though, that was very thoughtful - it would be hard to come up with 30 nice things to say about anyone.

DeLong Family Members: said...

Wow - I wish I had a sister like Em. Oh, that's right, I do. Love you Em! And you too, Nee. The best baby sisters ever.
--Lisa
PS - Can I have Isabel if Scott and Em die after you die?

Stephanie said...

Emily is a friend of mine; she is an amazing woman and you are lucky to have her as your sister!