Monday, March 23, 2009

Our Weekend in Moab

This weekend we went to Moab with Ryan's parents. It was just a quick get-away, but it was so much fun. I had never been to Moab before, so it was all new to me. The landscape down there is so beautiful. The red rock and amazing sights were fun to see. While there we went to Arches National Park, Dead Horse Point State Park, and watched Michelle (Ryan's sister) run her 1/2 marathon. It was a lot of fun. We pulled our trailor down and stayed at the local KOA. I love camping, this was a great trip. Here are the pictures.....
Ryan and his parents hiked to Delicate Arch at Arches. Isabel and I didn't go because she was tired and it is a 3 mile hike, so we took a nap while they did it. It is so cool. That is Ryan standing underneath the arch. I can't believe how big it is.

This is us at the windows hike. It's a short hike, .8miles. It was fun, you see 4 different arches.

Me, Liz, and Isabel on the windows hike. The view was amazing.

Ryan and Isabel getting ready for the windows hike. The backpack only lasted about 5 minutes. Isabel hates to be in it, which is a total bummer because she walks slow, but is a little heavy to carry the entire time in your arms. This is Michelle running her race. I still can't believe that she ran 13 miles. This is about 2 minutes from the finish line and she is smiling (she is the one in the white and blue top). She did such a good job. I was so proud of her, it is such a huge accomplishment! She rocks!

3 comments:

marian said...

Sounds like a well deserved break and a lot of fun. kisses - Mares

Jeanne and Nelson said...

Hey, somehow I missed the news on Baby Rice, congratulations. We love you.

Nancy Coates said...

Congratulations on the baby! I'm so excited for you!