Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Aunt Linda

First off, I don't have an Aunt Linda, Ryan does. Ryan's dad's sister is Aunt Linda. Got it? Okay. Aunt Linda has been struggling with cancer for the past year and a half. Last Thursday she finally passed away. I say finally because we all expected her to go over New Years'. Linda was a nice woman who lived a hard life. I was not close to her, but her passing has made me reflect on my own life.
In college I took a stress management class. One day in that class the professor had us write our own eulogy. We had to think about who would show up to our funeral if we died. What things would people say about us? It was a really interesting exercise. It made me think about the way I live my life and the people I come in contact with.
Since Linda's death I have thought a lot about that exercise. Would I be missed? Would people care? Now, I know people would show up and people would say some nice things..... but I really wonder what it would be like. Death is such an interesting thing.

1 comment:

Nancy Coates said...

I would totally miss you! I remember doing that exercise too, and it made me really think and it made me a little sad.