Wednesday, May 13, 2009

100th Post

This video has nothing to do with this being my 100th post, I just thought it was cute and I know my mom will love it. Isabel is such a cute kid. I sure love her a lot.

So, this is my 100th post. I know what you are all thinking, "I did my 100th post like a year ago, what a loser Renee is for just hitting that now." Well, I am a loser. Just kidding. I actually don't know why it took me so long. Maybe it's all the moving I've been doing and so many changes in my life. Anyway, I am finally here at my 100th post. Normally most people post 100 things about themselves, but I have decided not to do this. Instead I am going to write about funny things about me. I'm not sure how long the list will be, sometimes I am pretty funny. So here goes my list of funny things about me (some things you may know, others you may not):

1. I have 2 birth certificates. One says my birthday is Feb 26th and the other says Feb 29th. When I asked my mom about it a few years ago she said, "I don't remember, you were my 6th child. I think it was the 26th." So, I am either 29 years old or I am 7 years old.

2. I have screws in my right knee. I have always had horrible knees and in 2004 I had a major surgery where they moved bone and then placed 2 screws in my knee. I can feel the heads of them and when it gets cold my knee is always a little stiff.

3. I have never gotten a speeding ticket, but I have crashed into 2 cars (within 6 months). I think this is funny because I am a speeder sometimes. My poor dad had just fixed the car when I totalled it. That car ended up looking pretty ugly.

4. I started the cheerleading squad at my high school in Ghana. I did this to get out of P.E. It was me and a few other girls. We got uniforms and everything. We never had one practice and never went to a single sports event, we didn't even have sporting events at my school. But, I did get an "A" in P.E. that year. Go Ghana International School!

5. I got malaria in Ghana and the mumps in Taiwan. This isn't super funny, but more weird. I was immunized and still got the mumps and I was taking anti-malaria medication and still got malaria. I am prone to get everything. I am suprised I haven't gotten the swine flu yet.

6. While getting my wisdom teeth pulled I was picking up on my dentist. This is kind of embarassing, but I remember looking up and saying, "You have such beautiful eyes" and then thinking in my head, "what are you saying you idiot, stop talking." I love gas at the dentists office.

7. I threw up during the national anthem at a BYU football game with my brother Sam. If you were sitting across the stadium, you could have seen the people running away from me. It was not a pretty picture. To make it worse, my brother pushed my head down so the throw-up wouldn't go every where, but that meant that I threw up all over myself. I was covered from head to toe.

I actually can't think of anymore, but I know there are lots more. If you think of any, please share in a comment.

3 comments:

erika said...

All I can say is "Break a leg" Remember? :)

DeLong Family Members: said...

You are hilarious...you must be dyslexic. Would you like me to add the can-of-corn-teen-age-angst story. Or how about the "late night what are you two doing" story. I could keep going... And, by the way, I am a number geek - it was the 26th. Happy 100th! LISA

emily, etc, etc said...

I thought you had knee surgery in 2003 - just before Lily was born. The only reason I remember is because I had to take care of you for those few days and we looked ridiculous together - you with crutches and me looking massive. I had totally forgotten about the throwing up thing - I wasn't there, but you have told me about it. It makes me laugh everytime.