Monday, August 3, 2009

Horse Cake

This weekend I had a Horse Cake order from someone in my brother's ward. It was for a 9 year old's birthday. They had no idea what they wanted, other than something to do with a horse. I had to come up with the entire design. It was kind of a challenge coming up with a design, but once I decided what to do it was great! I am super pleased with how it came out. They were also very pleased with the cake. It was great. This is something I really enjoy, so it's a great little business for me. So, here are some pictures of the cake (they turned out a little dark, there is a mom and baby horse on top):


7 comments:

erika said...

Renee, you are amazing! Please don't tell me you made the horses too?
Whoever bought that cake from you got an awesome deal!

DeLong Family Members: said...

that cake turned out great!!! I love the picket fence and all the flowers. Very cute. MOM

Melani Boren said...

Really cute Nay; I didn't know you did cake decorating!

Jess said...

How did you start doing this? You are amazing!

emily, etc, etc said...

This is one of your best!

Alyson said...

Wow...that is amazing! I still want to know about all the decorations on the cake, and the fence too. Are they all edible? Do you make your own fondant? I think you should do a post about the process, I for one would be totally intrigued to learn about the details of making it. I've always wanted to try my hand at cake decorating, but just haven't gotten around to it yet!

Ryan and Renee said...

Everything on the cake is edible, except the horses. I was thinking about making them, but for $9 it was worth buying them and having them turn ou perfect. It's actually not that hard to make, it just takes time. I really love doing it!