Friday, May 28, 2010

Lunch

This whole no carb thing is harder than you would think. It requires serious planning ahead and creative thinking. So here is what I had for lunch today (I can't take credit for all of it, Lisa helped me). Chinese Cabbage Salad minus the ramen noodles and a meat roll, which is cucmber strips and string cheese wrapped in ham. I have to say it was pretty good. I have been craving a sandwich, so this was a pretty good substitute. I also made coconut macaroons today. They are fairly low carb and calorie. All it had was egg whites, vanilla, salt, splenda, and coconut. So, the only carbs are in the coconut. I was really in need of a sweet treat, and that hit the spot. I am really hoping this diet helps control my polycystic and not just drive me crazy! Here is Lucy eating her lunch. I have to admit, I added this picture for my mom and sister Lisa (and Lulu).

6 comments:

marian said...

Looks delish! And WOW, I didn't realize how blond Lucy is right now!

Erika said...

That looks really good Renee! I think you need to post your low-carb creations!!

DeLong Family Members: said...

Wow, you lunch looks really good. We will have to share ideas when I get home. I have about 5 more pounds to loose and of course we are in the "party" season here in Guam. Actually it is party season all the time--these people love to eat--part of the island culture!!
Love the picture of Lucy--what a doll!! MOM

Callie said...

That does sound hard! Good luck! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Jenkins family said...

I LOVE LUCY!!! Thanks for posting.

Angela said...

Wow, just read your post about being diagnosed... hopefully things are improving! Lucy is such a cute little thing - these babies just grow too fast!