Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Couch to 5K

I have been doing the program "Couch to 5K" and I can't tell you how much I am enjoying it! For all you who know me, you know that I do not run. I have horrible knees and have never wanted to run. However, this year I decided to become more physically active, signed up for a beginner triathlon, and so needed to train for it. I started 4 weeks ago with running and I am loving it! I went and bought custom running shoes and I haven't had any pain in my knees. It's been amazing, I can hardly believe it. Anyway, I am loving running and enjoying getting out 3 times a week. It's so not me, but maybe it's the new me.

6 comments:

Rosie Boren said...

where did you get your custom running shoes???
Rosie

marian said...

You are AWESOME (even when you don't run). but you are awesome running too.

Callie said...

Where did you find the program? I'm not a runner by nature either, I need some motivation!

Ryan and Renee said...

They call them custom shoes, I just went to Striders (a shoe store). They run different tests on your feet and pin point the problems you have. They then pull shoes that help your feet be more stable. It's really interesting. The shoes were expensive, but totally worth it. I have never had such comfortable shoes and no pain in my joints. They are amazing. I got Mizunos.
I found this program a few years ago, but I recently found it as an app for my itouch. It's a lot easier as an app rather than having to time yourself. I listen to my music and the app talks to me as a voice over, it is so great! I love it!

Josh and Britany said...

I went and got some shoes at striders too and I love them!! We should run together! I am doing a 4-mile race on saturday in roy, you should do it!

Alyson said...

I love the Couch to 5K program! A friend and I did it last year in preparation for a mini-triathlon, and it was great! Good running shoes make all the difference between pain-free and pain-full running. Worth every penny!
Good for you!!!!!