Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Running with Kids

Aren't they cute? Did you know combined their weight is approximately 60 lbs.? And combine that with my stroller (which is a super nice one, thank you Rice parents) at about 8-ish lbs, and that a total of about 70 lbs. That's a lot of weight to push.
I normally run alone, but occationally Ryan comes with me. He puts the girls in the stroller and pushes them and I run along side him. On Wednesdays and Thursdays Ryan has class until 9:30pm (I like to run in the evenings). Since my kids go to bed around 7pm, I am left to go running with them or run in the morning (I hate getting up early). So, tonight I decided to try it out. IT WAS HARD! I am not really sure how Ryan does it with such ease. I will admit, I cut my run short tonight due to that extra 70 lbs I was pushing. I guess I'll be switching to Wednesday mornings. I'm such a wimp!
How I feel - GREAT (tired, but I love the way I feel after a run)!
How I look - I always look realy bad when I get home. You can't really tell in this picture, but I am actually bright red and sweating to death! People always stare at me while I'm out. I'm sure they are taking note of where I am and what I look like so that when I pass out and go missing they can describe me to the police. I'm such a hottie when I run.

2 comments:

Jinii said...

I agree it is killer to run pushing a stroller. When I trained for my half and the LA Ragnar last year I did nearly 90% pushing Addy in the stroller. The only plus is that when race day came and I did not have to push it was amazing! You are looking awesome by the way! Running is totally addicting.

Jenkins family said...

...and the tutus probably add a little weight too!