Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Yesterday

So, yesterday about 1pm I started to have contractions. Since I was induced with Isabel and never went into labor I wasn't sure what to think or what to do. At about 3pm I called my doctor's office to ask them what they thought. They told me that I should take a warm bath, then lay down on my left side, and that if the contractions did not stop to go to the hospital. So, after taking a bath and laying down, I was still having contractions. At about 6pm Ryan finally talked me into going to the hospital. I really did not want to go. I have this fear of feeling stupid if it's a false alarm. So, they hooked me to the monitors and then we waited. Yes, I was having contractions about every 3-5 minutes, dialted to about a 2 1/2, and effaced (sp?) 75%. So, they just watched me for about 3 hours. Nothing really changed, so my doctor decided to send me home and see him today. They gave me a shot of morphine for the pain and off we went. I have never had morphine before, WOW did it make me loopy and tired. I had a few contractions during the night that were strong enough to wake me up, but otherwise I slept good and am feeling okay. I've had a few this morning and I go into the doctor's in about 2 hours, so we shall see what he says. I am hoping that I have this baby in the next few days, that would be great!
So, there you all go. False labor, but I am on my way.

5 comments:

Jess said...

SO EXCITING!

Vinyl Masterpiece said...

I am very excited for you!!! Get well rested.

Erin

Angela said...

Yay for contractions! I think... lol. It's exciting to know that baby is on the way, huh?! I am still only having Braxton Hicks contractions every now and then - I wish my labor would kick into gear since my due date is a week away! Good luck with everything.

marian said...

hiphiphooray!

DeLong Family Members: said...

can't wait to get the call!!! MOM