Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Joseph Cake

My cousin Melani is directing the play "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and I offered to make a cake for her cast. I love making cakes and I love this show, so I was excited to do it. I have been planning it for months and I am hoping I am not over-extending myself. I am hoping it turns out as good as it is in my head. Me working on Joseph and his brothers. They start off as rice krispie treats on skewers, pretty fancy huh?

Seeing if the head will work. it's looking good........


The corn for the cake. Corn is part of two dream in the play; Josephs dream and Pharoh's dream. They turned out cute.

One of the brothers done. I don't think I will do legs, he'll just sit on the cake like this. I am pretty happy with how he turned out.

8 comments:

Alyson said...

Once again Renee...you are so unbelievably talented! The fact that you can picture this in your head and then make it a reality is just amazing. Give yourself a big pat on the back...I can't wait to see the finished product! Though I must admit, if I were the cast, I would hate to cut into and eat it...far too beautiful!

marian said...

you are flamin' amazing!

erika said...

Renne you are so talented! I can't wait to see the finished product. And you look great by the way!

Angela said...

Hello.. CUTE! I can't wait to see the final product. What talent!

Melani Boren said...

Wow Nay, that is a lot of work. the kids are going to LOVE it!

Loughmiller's said...

Holy Hannah Renee, that looks awesome. Talented soul you are! I wish I was there to see Mel's play. I hope all is well with you.

Jenkins family said...

WOW!

DeLong Family Members: said...

WOW Renee, I love what you are doing. can't wait to see the finished product. How fun!!! the pictures of Isabel and Lucy at Emily's house are so cute. MOM