Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Binky Tragedy

So, we had a bit of a tragedy at our house yesterday. I was tired of Isabel asking for her binky all the time, so it "broke". I cut the tip off and then tried to hand it to her. I say tried because as soon as she saw it she started to cry and would not touch it or look at it. All last night she was acting like a depressed person, walking around mouning saying "Binky, Binky". It was so sad. It was like she lost her best friend. Today when we got in the car she asked for it, I tried handing her the broken binky, and all she said was "no" and then ignored me the rest of the trip. One positive from all this is, she now sucks on a sippy cup all day, so she is super hydrated. I still give her a binky at bedtime and naptime, but that binky doesn't leave the bedroom. This just makes her love nap and bed time that much more. So, Isabel had a little tragedy, but she'll get over it.

6 comments:

Jess said...

We are trying to get our little boy to take a binky. I am sure that if he decides that he likes it we will have to have a similar tragedy at our house.

Nancy Coates said...

Poor baby! I can just see her walking around broken hearted! Hopefully she feels better soon.

emily, etc, etc said...

Hey Isabel....Life sucks sometimes don't it!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

So sad!! We know all too well about losing binkies!!

Erika said...

Poor Isabel....!
I love seeing the updates on your house being built! Keep us posted on that. It looks beautiful.
Do you still have my 2 books from the Twilight series? :)

Jinii said...

My mom did the same thing to me when I was little. I am relatively normal so there is hope for her!