Saturday, October 18, 2008

Daily Reminders

For all you who know me well, you know that sometimes I'm stupid. I think all of us go through times when we think that no one likes us or that we don't have friends, however, the other day I was laying in bed and had a revelation: People like me! I was looking around my house and discovered daily reminders of gifts/things from friends and family. Here is what I found (the pillow above was given to me by Becky Waters, we were in a single's ward together when Ryan and I got married. She made the pillow.):
My best friend Leslie just sent me this a few weeks ago. She got it in the Bahamas while on a cruise. I love this star. One of my nicknames with Leslie is "Starfish" so it had a deeper meaning than just being cool. I keep it in my 1/2 bath, which means we see it a lot. This hangs next to my bed. I really love these. The top frame says "Renee & Ryan December 18, 2004" and the bottom frame says "Families Are Forever". These were given to us as a wedding gift from Jessie Meigs (now Smith). She and I are friends from Sandpoint. It's weird, but she's one of my oldest friends and we haven't know each other that long. We met in Junior High, okay that was long ago. I love Jessie. These were one of my favorite wedding presents.This is a block in Isabel's bathroom. I love the color. This was given to me by Jenivee Broadhead. She and I worked together at the clinic while I was pregnant. I love Jeni. She and her husband are hilarious. We love hanging out with them. This picture has two things in it. 1: the picture of me and my sisters being goofy. I love this shot. It was not given to me really (I made the copy), but it reminds me of how much I really do love my sisters. I know sometimes I'm hard to get along with and I cry a lot, but they are good sisters and I love them a lot. 2: the candle with the leaf. This was given to me by Jeni Broadhead also. I've almost burned it completely out, yet I can't throw it away. It's pretty and it smells good, and it makes me think of Jeni. I like it a lot.
This is a corsage (sp?) that was worn at my wedding by Leslie. I know I'm a dork to hang on to it, and it's falling apart, but it reminds me of my wedding and of Leslie. When I look at it, it reminds me of that wonderful day. I don't think I'll ever be able to part with Leslie's flower.


I know what you're thinking with this next one, but this mixers means so much to me. I grew up with this mixer. It was my moms and she gave it to me. I love this mixer! It's old and it was free, but more importantly it was given to me by my mom. This is a huge reminder that my mom loves me.
I think it was last year that my sister-in-law Renee went to Hawaii. While there she got me this bracelet. I know everyone has one, but I love it! I added this red ribbon to it, and it's become one of my favorites. I think of her everytime I wear it.

Bottom line: I could add like 100 more examples or things in my house. These were just a few that stood out to me. Thank you all for being my friends. I love you all!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I am glad you don't think that Jr High was that long ago. No matter the time you will always be one of my favorite friends- no one can make me laugh the way you do. Love you!

marian said...

xo mares