Monday, August 11, 2008

Family Reunion in Long Beach, WA

Last week we had our family reunion. It was so much fun! Although it was a bit chilly, we had so much fun. Isabel and I got there on Saturday and Ryan joined us on Tuesday. We were there until Saturday the 9th. We stayed in my great uncle Tom Smart's beach house. It used to belong to Monte L. Bean (as in the Bean Museum at BYU). It was a nice home and we were very comfortable there. The kids all had so much fun digging in the dirt and playing in the water. It was a blast. Here are som photos from the trip.

This is me and Isabel playing in the water.... it was so cold, but fun!



This is Isabel and Grace (Emily's daughter) playing together at the house. They are so cute together. They are only 4 months apart. I love watching them play.

This is Ryan and Isabel. For our reunion shirts we did baseball shirts. We opened the reunion by playing Red vs. Black in kickball. No one in the family knew what team they were on. It was so much fun. I was Black and Ryan was Red. This is Isabel's outfit. The shirts were too big for the infants, so they had these outfits. We also put everyone's ranking (number) on the shirt. Isabel is number 32, I am 13, and Ryan is 14. It was cute. we loved the shirts.
This next picture is Ryan up to kick in our kickball game. His team totally killed my team. He is so handsome in his uniform. I married such a stud!



As you can tell from this photo, Isabel is really into the game. She lost interest within the first minute. But doesn't she look cute?



Okay, so while at the reuion we did some crafts. I made this lovely friendship bracelet. I gave it to Isabel. She only wore it one day. but that whole day she loved it.
Ryan on the other had made Boon-Dogels (sp?). But not only did he make them, he became the master of them. These are some of his creations (Actually I made the small one). I think they are really cool. I'll never lose my keys again.


3 comments:

Jess said...

How fun! I would like a little bit of cold weather right about now. Isabel is so cute and I would have been with her on the whole kick ball thing-it is so much more fun being a cheerleader.

Loughmiller's said...

What a blast! It looks really cold in the picture, but it is always fun to go to the ocean. What a cute idea about the shirts. Isabel is adorable.

emily, etc, etc said...

Great pics! By the way, I think it is spelled boondogle - But that is just a guess, I really have no idea.