Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lost and Found

Back in March my wallet went missing. Ryan swore that I must have dropped it, and I thought for sure someone had stolen it out of my car during the night. Earlier that day I went to the zoo, filled up my car, and went home. The next day it was gone. Ryan was certain that I dropped it at the gas station, but when I called no one had turned it in or seen it. I knew it had been taken from my car. Well, we canceled everything. Our credit car was unsed once at Wal-mart on a $30-something purchase, but nothing else. I got a new license, new debit and credit cards, new temple recommend, new Costco card, and new Smith's and Albertson's cards (those were a big loss). I've basically moved on. Well, this morning Ryan woke we up and said that his uncle Brian found something of mine. He was out working in his horse field across the street and came upon my wallet. Ah Ha- it was stolen out of my car! Either that or the person who found it at the gas station, down in Salt Lake, drove up here just to throw it in the field across from my house (yep, I'm sure that's what happened). My poor wallet, it looks so bad. I love this wallet, but I'm afraid our days are over. Since it's been outside in the snow, rain, and mud since March it's thrashed. I can't even close the zipper. So, the person took 1- My driver's license 2-My debit card 3-all my credit cards (all 1 of them) 4-my ATM card (what on earth would you do with that, I've never even used it and I know the pin) 5-My temple recomend (I'm hoping they do temple work under my name and I'll get the blessings) and 6-all the cash, but not the change (lazy theif). The thing I'm most sad about it the pictures in my wallet. There was one from when Ryan and I were dating, I have no idea where the negatives are, so I can't make a new copy. I loved that picture. I was so suprised that it was even found though. That wallet cost more than anything they took ($50). It was a good one! May it rest in peace (as soon as I throw it away, that is).
My poor wallet. It is so dirty and grose.
The contents of my wallet. The pictures are ruined as you can see. They did leave me Isabel's immunization record, which I am stoked about, that was hard work!

2 comments:

Jess said...

At least the mystery is solved.

Alyson said...

I once had my wallet stolen. It was the weirdest feeling - almost a personal violation. And I too lost some irreplaceable photos. Now I don't keep anything irreplaceable in the wallet...and I keep a good list of what was in it, just in case! Glad you found it...even in its less-than-perfect condition!